When: Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Where: Fireside Lounge, UC (across from Tim Hortons near Manitoban office)
Taken from http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/about/
What is the Silent No More Awareness Campaign?
Silent No More Awareness is a Campaign whereby Christians make the public aware of the devastation abortion brings to women and men. The campaign seeks to expose and heal the secrecy and silence surrounding the emotional and physical pain of abortion.
The Campaign is a project of Priests for Life and Anglicans for Life.
What are the Goals of the Silent No More Awareness Campaign?
- Reach out to people hurt after abortion, encouraging them to attend abortion after-care programs. Invite those who are ready to break the silence by speaking the truth about abortion’s negative consequences and the path to healing.
- Educate the public that abortion is harmful emotionally, physically and spiritually to women, men and families, so that it becomes unacceptable for anyone to recommend abortion as a ‘fix’ for a problem pregnancy.
- Share our personal testimonies of hurt and healing to help others avoid the pain of abortion.
How does the Silent No More Awareness Campaign Raise Awareness?
- Gatherings are held in public places nationwide featuring the voices of those who regret their abortions. Click here for the most current list of events.
- Women and men share their testimonies at churches and other events.
- Individuals share their testimony in personal settings.
- Those who are silent no more publish articles, op-eds and letters to editors.
- The Campaign Celebrity Spokesperson Jennifer O’Neill (Actress, Model and Author) and Dr. Alveda King (niece of Dr. Martin Luther King) frequently appear on television and radio shows and speak before thousands of people sharing the negative impact of abortion in their lives.
- Campaign Billboards, Commercials, and Products that promote the Campaign message.
- Campaign DVD featuring full-length testimonies, commercials and video presentations. Order copies at mail@SilentNoMoreAwareness.org.
Why do we need a Silent No More Awareness Campaign?
Many women and men are realizing the abortions they were involved in years ago are the source of the physical and emotional problems they have today. The Campaign gives them a forum to help others by sharing the painful consequences of abortion.
Women talk about feeling guilt, anger, shame and worthlessness; and how they struggled with suicidal thoughts, drug/alcohol addiction to numb the pain, eating disorders or depression. Men share how the abortion of their children caused them to feel pain, guilt, and anger. They also share their experience in finding peace and healing.
These voices of experience need to be heard so others can learn about the help that is available. They also want people who think abortion is a good solution for someone facing an unplanned pregnancy to understand the real long-term consequences their friend or loved one is likely to face in the future.
<For more info, click here>